November 3, 2014 in Podcasts
My guest for today's podcast is Karen Rittenhouse from Greensboro, NC. Karen has been a full time real estate investor since 2005, and has bought and sold hundreds of single family homes. She is also coach, a trainer, a blogger and has written several books.
You might remember that Karen was featured in my “Successful Women in Real Estate Investing” series a while back. If you missed that post, just click on the link above.
Karen is just like most other women in this business. She has a family, the normal problems that come along in this life, and she has been an integral part in building her family real estate business.
- How Karen got started
- How they initially decided how many properties was “enough”
- Changing their initial “plan”
- Growing to 130 properties in their portfolio
- What came first – investing or the real estate company?
- How long it took Karen and Jim to quit their jobs and invest full time
- Scaling up to a much bigger business; how the concept of “Buy, Sell, Rent, Manage” evolved
- How their decision to open a property management company resulted in the decision to open a real estate brokerage
- Tips for working with your spouse (and loving it)
- Their primary investing strategies; how the economy has an effect on their choices
- Whether any of the Realtors working in her company are investors
- The benefits of having a “certified renovator” on their staff
- The legality of the investing side of the business VS the “retail” real estate side of the business
- Choosing the right attorneys for your team
- Tell me about your property management company
- Have you had any legal or ethical conflicts by having both a residential side/Realtor side of your business and an investing side?
- Finding creative solutions in their business for sellers
- Marketing strategies for both sides of the busines
Karen’s final advice. It's a tweetable…..
You Can Listen to the Podcast Here
How Investing Fits Into the Family Real Estate Business - Download This Episode
You Can Also Listen and Download from iTunes By Clicking Here.
Please do us a huge favor and leave us a review over in iTunes. You can do that in iTunes By Clicking Here……
You can connect with Karen at http://www.KarenRittenhouse.
Karen Rittenhouse has been investing in real estate full-time since January 2005. In that time they have purchased hundreds of homes, opened a full-service real estate company, a property management company, and a coaching/training business.
Karen has also written several books on real estate – The Essential Handbook for Buying a Home, The Essential Handbook for Selling a Home, and The Essential Handbook for Landlords. You can find out more about my books here By Clicking Here …
If you are not already subscribed to the “Inner Circle”, be sure to do that today so you don’t miss any of the business building tips I have coming your way. I want this year to be your best year ever! And if you enjoyed this article, please share it.