November 3, 2014 in Podcasts
My guest for today's podcast is Karen Rittenhouse from Greensboro, NC. Karen has been a full time real estate investor since 2005, and has bought and sold hundreds of single family homes. She is also coach, a trainer, a blogger and has written several books.
You might remember that Karen was featured in my “Successful Women in Real Estate Investing” series a while back. If you missed that post, just click on the link above.
Karen is just like most other women in this business. She has a family, the normal problems that come along in this life, and she has been an integral part in building her family real estate business.
- How Karen got started
- How they initially decided how many properties was “enough”
- Changing their initial “plan”
- Growing to 130 properties in their portfolio
- What came first – investing or the real estate company?
- How long it took Karen and Jim to quit their jobs and invest full time
- Scaling up to a much bigger business; how the concept of “Buy, Sell, Rent, Manage” evolved
- How their decision to open a property management company resulted in the decision to open a real estate brokerage
- Tips for working with your spouse (and loving it)
- Their primary investing strategies; how the economy has an effect on their choices
- Whether any of the Realtors working in her company are investors
- The benefits of having a “certified renovator” on their staff
- The legality of the investing side of the business VS the “retail” real estate side of the business
- Choosing the right attorneys for your team
- Tell me about your property management company
- Have you had any legal or ethical conflicts by having both a residential side/Realtor side of your business and an investing side?
- Finding creative solutions in their business for sellers
- Marketing strategies for both sides of the busines
Karen’s final advice. It's a tweetable…..
You Can Listen to the Podcast Here
How Investing fits Into the Family Real Estate Business with Karen Rittenhouse - Download This Episode
You Can Also Listen and Download from iTunes By Clicking Here.
Please do us a huge favor and leave us a review over in iTunes. You can do that in iTunes By Clicking Here……
You can connect with Karen at http://www.KarenRittenhouse.
Karen Rittenhouse has been investing in real estate full-time since January 2005. In that time they have purchased hundreds of homes, opened a full-service real estate company, a property management company, and a coaching/training business.
Karen has also written several books on real estate – The Essential Handbook for Buying a Home, The Essential Handbook for Selling a Home, and The Essential Handbook for Landlords. You can find out more about my books here By Clicking Here …
If you want to schedule a 1 on 1 call with me to talk about specific strategies for building your brand and creating more effective marketing for your business, you do that here by clicking this link.
If you're not already subscribed to the blog be sure to do that today so you don’t miss any of the business building tips I have coming your way. I want this year to be your best year ever! And if you enjoyed this article, please share it.