December 18, 2014 in Investing In Real Estate, Success Stories in Real Estate Investing
Today is the second post in the series “Success Stories in Real Estate Investing” and the spotlight is on Danny Johnson from Flipping Junkie, and he is going to dive into my 5 questions today.
Danny is an experienced rehabber, a great blogger and mentor. He is also just an all around nice guy.
The 5 Questions
Here are the 5 questions each of these successful investors will be answering:
- What are the top 3-4 things a brand new investor should focus on initially?
- What is the best marketing advice you can give someone just starting out?
- What factors do you attribute your success to?
- Is there something you wish you had done sooner or done differently when you first started your business?
- Do you have any tips for newbies for managing their mindset during those inevitable “ups and downs”?
Up Today – Danny Johnson from Flipping Junkie
As expected, Danny has some insightful answers to my 5 questions. Read the rest of this entry →
April 14, 2014 in Podcasts
My guest today on my podcast “Let’s Talk Real Estate Investing” is Danny Johnson. Danny is someone that has built a very successful business flipping houses in San Antonio, TX. A lot of you probably know him from his popular blog FlippingJunkie. Danny and his wife Melissa have 5 children, and they have been investing in real estate for 10 years.
Danny got a corporate job in computer science when he graduated from college. Like a lot of other entrepreneurs, he quickly discovered he really didn’t like working for someone else. His dad was rehabbing houses at that time, and Danny saw how much his dad loved what he was doing. However, it was tough leaving his good paying job so he invested part-time for about 3 years.
We covered a lot of information in this podcast so grab a cup of coffee and get ready to learn. You can find a sampling of what we covered in the show in the “Show Notes” below.
- How Danny got started investing in real estate, and why his corporate job just wasn’t for him
- Starting out part time
- The importance of having the right mindset
- Mentors, accountability partners, and masterminds
- Investing in yourself through education Read the rest of this entry →