What’s the one thing that will cause certain death of your real estate investing business? A lack of leads.
Leads are the life blood of your business; without them your business will wither and die. There is only one way to get a steady stream of leads and that is through consistent and focused marketing.
Jump Start Your Marketing
There are literally dozens of ways that you can jump start your marketing efforts. You will find that most all successful real estate investors use more than one strategy. In my business, direct mail is my number one source of motivated sellers. I have a system for getting it done, and therefore I have great results with direct mail. But I have to admit, that I am not always as consistent with my other activities, and I have decided to change that.
I am committed to making these changes, and I would like to challenge you to “up your marketing game” by adding at least one new marketing strategy each month for the next 12 months. Now I know the thing that comes to mind is “that’s going to be a lot of work”. Yes this will involve some work, but the results will be worth it. I plan to work smarter and figure out how to outsource some of these additional marketing activities.
What Are Some Low Cost Marketing Strategies?
- Post “We Buy Houses Ad” on Craig’s List.
- Advertise on Craig’s List for bird dogs or property locators.
- Attend real estate auctions and network with other real estate investors. Find out who’s selling and who’s buying deals.
- Let friends and neighbors know that you are looking for a responsible student to put out bandit signs. Offer to pay them $1.00 a sign (gas money) and a bonus of $100.00 if you buy a house from one of their signs. One word of caution, you will have to do some checking initially to be sure they are doing the job the way you want it done.
- Spend a couple of Saturday mornings a month going to estate sales. Often the property is going to be sold as well as the belongings. Make them an offer that includes letting them finish cleaning out the house and having their estate sales if that is what they want to do.