This post is going to be short today, because this topic is really easy to cover. It’s sometimes hard to implement, but the solution to the problem is an easy one to figure out.
Here’s the million dollar question: “What can I do to finally move past fear and procrastination and get started”?
Get Over Your Excuses and Throw Out the Mile Long To Do List
I have heard more excuses this week than I have heard in a long time from people that can’t seem to just get started in real estate investing. They have to wait until the stars are “perfectly aligned” to begin. You know; reasons like these:
- I haven’t decided on a logo
- I need to decide whether or not to set up an LLC
- I have to research what color postcard to use – yellow or green
- I don’t have a good picture to use in my marketing
- I can’t figure out whether to use white or colored envelopes for my mailing
- I’m not sure what area to target for my buy and holds
- I’ll get started as soon as I decide whether to just use my name or have company me
- I have another course I have to complete, and then I will be ready
I can probably list at least a dozen more of these reasons why folks say they just can’t seem to get started; reasons they just can’t take those first steps. But if you will take a close look at the list you will notice that none of these things are essential for getting started in real estate investing. They are details that can be figured out along the way. The world won’t come crashing down because the color of your envelope is wrong. Not having a logo will have absolutely no impact on your business.
Everything Is Figureoutable
One thing I have learned in the past few years that has served me well is Read the rest of this entry →