My guest today is Sterling White from Indianapolis, Indiana and in this podcast we are going to talk about investing, crowdfunding and so much more. Sterling is a full time investor that got started in 2009. He purchased and sold more than 100 homes with his partner Jacob before founding Holdfolio.
Holdfolio is a real estate crowdfunding platform that allows anyone to invest in portfolios they own. Sterling is also a regular contributor for biggerpockets.com as well as active in giving back to local community.
I always enjoy talking with younger investors. It’s an interesting process trying to uncover why they started a business when other people their age are still just out having fun. Some of the things we talked about are:
- How he got started
- Sterling’s 1st deal
- How he partnered up with someone and traded mentoring for a piece of the deal
- How he chose his investing strategies
- Things to know before deciding to partner with someone
- Turnkey properties
- His favorite marketing strategies
- Tools, systems and automation
- Founding Holdfolio
- Looking into the future
- Advice for “20 something” wanting to get started in real estate investing