There are a lot reasons real estate investors fail. Sometimes it’s even a combination of things. But the #1 reason real estate investors fail is marketing; more specifically the problem is the lack of a marketing plan and consistent implementation. There is no other way to say it –
You must have a written marketing plan, but the plan is useless without consistent implementation.
Now before you can begin to put together a marketing plan, you need to understand all of the components of a good marketing plan. Here are some things to consider:
- What are your main investing strategies?
- How many ways do you currently get leads?
- What types of marketing strategies do you currently use in your business?
- How much time do you spend on marketing every day; every week?
- Do you actually have these times scheduled on your calendar?
- How many deals do you want to do each month?
- How much money would you like to make each month?
- Do you track the results of your marketing activities?
- Are you happy with your results?
These are all questions you need to be able to answer. When real estate investors can’t clearly state how they intend to get leads, they are headed for trouble. Remember this:
A steady stream of leads = cash in your pocket.
Getting Down to Business
When you decided to become a real estate investor, you were most likely thinking this business was all about houses. Big houses; small houses; pretty houses and ugly houses. Well it’s not really about houses. It’s about two things – Read the rest of this entry →