The Benefits of Using Master Lease Options as Interest Rates Soar with Bill Walston – Episode #396
Interest rates are soaring today across the country. Smart investors are using master lease options to acquire property now more than ever before. So, what exactly is a master lease option, and how can I use this investing strategy to acquire property?
Master lease options allow you to control commercial property like apartment buildings, storage facilities, etc., and then buy them at a specified time in the future. You can generally do this with no money down.
Bill Walston is one of the most sought-after business and tax strategists in the real estate investing community. He has been an active real estate investor for nearly four decades as well as an author, mentor, and coach. His passion is teaching and creating strategies that help real estate investors do more deals, make more money, and live a tax-deductible lifestyle.
[00:01 – 07:52] Opening Segment
- An overview of the benefits of using master lease options
- Bill's background and work
- A business and tax strategist in the real estate investing community
- Helping investors do more deals and make more money
[07:53 – 15:23] How to Buy a Property with a Motivated Seller
- How sellers have different motivations for selling
- Find out their motivation for selling and what the net operating income is
- A typical master lease option term is five years, and the option can be exercised at any time during that period
[15:24 – 22:49] How to Analyze a Property for a Master Release Option Projection
- The key points for analyzing a property to do a projection are getting the numbers from the seller
- Understanding their financials, and projecting rents
- The average expenses for a property are usually 35-45% of the income
[22:50 – 32:31] Closing Segment
- Why banks are not typically willing to finance multifamily deals
- How to use master lease options and creative finance when interest rates soar
- The importance of determining your investing criteria
Want to connect with Bill? Follow him on Facebook, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to grab Bill’s freebie, “The MLO Process”!
Here are some sources for finding multi-family properties:
Want to Learn More?
Connect with me through my website, Instagram, and LinkedIn
Or you can send me an email at email@example.com
Be sure to check out the Louisville Gals Real Estate Blog and my course Probate Investing Simplified.
Learn more about this podcast on iTunes, or Stitcher.
If you liked my show, please LEAVE AN HONEST REVIEW, like, and subscribe!
Here's Your Video – The Benefits of Using Master Lease Options as Interest Rates Soar with Bill Walston – Episode #396
Rather watch? You can do that here.
Thanks for Listening to the Show!
I would really love to hear from you. Please leave a note in the comments section below. And, if you enjoyed this episode, please share it on social media using the social share buttons below.
Please Subscribe and Review on iTunes… Here's How You Do That
> Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
> Click here to leave a review. Once you're on Apple podcasts, click “listen in iTunes.” Then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. Let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
If you want to find out how you can work with me, you can do that by clicking here. Learn specific strategies for building your brand and creating more effective marketing for your business.
To learn how to to become the go-to probate expert in your area Just click his link.
Have you gotten your freebies and subscribed to the blog? If not be sure to do that today so you don’t miss any of the business building tips I have coming your way. I want this year to be your best year ever!