What Happens to Rental Property During Probate? – Episode #435
I am often asked what happens to rental property during probate. Specifically, what happens to the rental income during the probate process? In today's show, I'm going to answer these questions as well as some other common questions that pertain to rental properties that are part of an estate, such as, “What happens when the tenant stops paying rent but won't move out”?
Learn the ins and outs of how to handle common tenant problems during the probate process.
[00:00 – 06:54] What to Do When Rental Income Can't Cover Expenses During Probate
- The probate process involves a decision-maker (executor/administrator)
- Understanding how probate works helps treat money in estate properly
- Once the estate is opened and the executor/administrator is appointed, they can move forward with selling assets in the estate
- If using property management software, rents can continue to be entered into the system
[06:55 – 15:13] What to Do if Property Becomes Vacant During Process
- Heirs cannot have access to rental income before probate is completed
- Personal representatives can use the money to pay expenses related to the income-producing property
- If rental income is not enough to cover expenses, money from the estate can be used
- Email me at: email@example.com
- Louisville Gal's Real Estate Blog
- Let's Talk Real Estate Investing Podcast
- FREEBIE: Probate Investing Starter Kit
- Probate Investing Course
Here's Your Video – What Happens to Rental Property During Probate? – Episode #435
Rather watch? You can do that here.
Thanks for Listening to the Show!
I would really love to hear from you. Please leave a note in the comments section below. And, if you enjoyed this episode, please share it on social media using the social share buttons below.
Please Subscribe and Review on iTunes… Here's How You Do That
> Click here to leave a review. Once you're on Apple podcasts, click “listen in iTunes.” Then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. Let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
If you want to find out how you can work with me, you can do that by clicking here. Learn specific strategies for building your brand and creating more effective marketing for your business.
To learn how to to become the go-to probate expert in your area Just click his link.
Have you gotten your freebies and subscribed to the blog? If not be sure to do that today so you don’t miss any of the business building tips I have coming your way. I want this year to be your best year ever!