Tips for Buying and Managing Long Distance Rental Property with Billy Keels
Buying and managing long-distance rental property has always been challenging for most investors. Typically, when we think of long-distance rental property, we are thinking about the property located in another state. My guest today, Billy Keels, has taken that one step further. Billy lives in Barcelona, Spain but he invests in the US in his hometown of Columbus, Ohio, and several other areas.
In spite of the geographic distance between him and his rental property, he has found a way not only to make it work but to build a successful and profitable business at the same time. His rental portfolio continues to grow as he teaches others how to achieve the same success he has attained.
If you’ve ever thought about moving into another market, you’re going to find this show fascinating. Here is just some of what you’ll learn today:
- Billy’s path to figuring out that his high-paying corporate job and the investing strategies he was utilizing at that time wouldn’t be enough to secure his future.
- Buying his first property when he was on vacation in Egypt. What he did right, and what he could do differently the next time.
- The reason he ultimately decided to invest in the US instead of in his own backyard (Here’s a clue: it’s always about the numbers).
- Billy’s original investing strategy and how that has evolved over the years.
- How to use data to learn about new areas to invest in when you are thousands of miles away.
- Building an amazing team that helps build his business year after year.
- Why building a team must include developing a long-term relationship with your team members.
- Systems and processes
- His advice for anyone that would like to invest in an area they don’t live in.
Learn More About Billy Here
Here are some ways you can reach out to Billy in addition to social media:
- His website: BillyKeels.com
- Get his free eBook here: billykeels.com/7Mistakes
- Book a call with Billy by Clicking this Link
- The Going Long Podcast.
And while you’re there, check episode #107 I had the pleasure of doing with Billy where we talk about marketing, branding, and probates. Just Click Here to listen.
Here's Your Video – Tips for Buying and Managing Long Distance Rental Property with Billy Keels
Rather watch? You can do that here.
Thanks for Listening to the Show!
I would really love to hear from you. Please leave a note in the comments section below. And, if you enjoyed this episode, please share it on social media using the social share buttons below.
Please Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss a single episode. I’m doing some special bonus episodes and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
I would be really grateful if you left me a rating and review over on iTunes too. I love reading those reviews, and they help other people find my podcast. Here's how you do that: Just click here to leave a review. Once you're on Apple podcasts, click “listen in iTunes.” Then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. Let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
You can listen and subscribe on Stitcher by clicking this link: Subscribe on Stitcher, You can also listen on your favorite podcast player.
If you want to find out how you can work with me, you can do that by clicking here. Learn specific strategies for building your brand and creating more effective marketing for your business.
To learn how to to become the go-to probate expert in your area Just click his link.
Have you gotten your freebies and subscribed to the blog? If not be sure to do that today so you don’t miss any of the business building tips I have coming your way. I want this year to be your best year ever!