How to Quit Your Day Job To Become A Full-Time Real Estate Investor
Part-time investors often long for the freedom full-time investors have. They want to know how you quit your day job to become a full-time real estate investor. What are the steps to successfully making this transition? My guest today is Billy Keels who lives in Barcelona, Spain. Billy has lived in Europe for many years however he invests right here in the US where he grew up. Billy had a great high-paying career that he liked, but it came at a cost of his freedom. Freedom over his time. He wanted control over his time. Today he is going to talk about how he strategically made the transition from his demanding career to full-time real estate investing. Listen and enjoy!
[00:01 – 07:10] Opening Segment
- Billy's background and story
- Why he decided to become a full-time real estate investor
- Long-distance investing
- How Billy has achieved his goal of leaving his high-paying job to do real estate full time
[07:11 – 14:00] Going Into Real Estate Full Time
- Why real estate is a great way to build wealth and provide financial security for your family
- Billy's experience in convincing his wife to invest in real estate full time
- Be transparent with your goals, learn how to talk about money, and be clear on your why
[14:01 – 20:26] From Corporate Work to Real Estate
- Scarcity creates value
- Why you should invest in passive real estate projects
- Generate more income by having multiple passive streams of income
- How to increase financial security and retire early
[20:27 – 27:09] How to Successfully Invest in Real Estate without Breaking the Bank
- The biggest key to success in real estate is taking calculated risks and investing with other people
- Have a clear vision for your life and what you want to achieve
- Find the right real estate investment opportunity to help you get there
- Make sure you build a team of people who you trust and can help hold you accountable
[27:10 – 33:33] It's Not About How Much Money You Make
- How to do a deep dive on location before investing in a foreign country
- Make sure it is the right fit for your business
- Reach out to people you know and network with online
- The next thing to do once you have a good understanding of the location and the market
- Put your money where your mouth is and invest in property there
[33:34 – 40:56] Closing Segment
- Be clear on what outcomes you're looking to achieve when you leave your job
- Be clear on your revenue model and how much money you'll need to generate to support your new lifestyle
- Figure out how to keep more of your capital while generating consistent returns
Be sure to check out Billy’s previous show, Tips for Buying and Managing Long Distance Rental Property
Want to Learn More?
Or you can send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you liked my show, please LEAVE AN HONEST REVIEW, like, and subscribe!
Here's Your Video – How to Quit Your Day Job To Become A Full-Time Real Estate Investor
Rather watch? You can do that here.
Thanks for Listening to the Show!
I would really love to hear from you. Please leave a note in the comments section below. And, if you enjoyed this episode, please share it on social media using the social share buttons below.
Please Subscribe and Review on iTunes… Here's How You Do That
> Click here to leave a review. Once you're on Apple podcasts, click “listen in iTunes.” Then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. Let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
If you want to find out how you can work with me, you can do that by clicking here. Learn specific strategies for building your brand and creating more effective marketing for your business.
To learn how to to become the go-to probate expert in your area Just click his link.
Have you gotten your freebies and subscribed to the blog? If not be sure to do that today so you don’t miss any of the business building tips I have coming your way. I want this year to be your best year ever!