How One Real Estate Investor Did Over 4000 Transactions – Episode#434
My guest today is veteran real estate investor Matt Larson. Matt is a full-time real estate investor with 17 years of experience who invests in multiple markets. He has done over 4,000 real estate transactions. Matt currently uses VAs to run this large-scale real estate investing business, but it wasn't always that way. At one point, like so many businesses, he had a pretty big staff that was a cash-eating machine.
Listen in as Matt talks about how he has systematized his business, so it requires very little of his time. You'll also hear about all the ups and downs of his journey, including what happened in the real estate crash in 2008 (and how he came back even more significant than before). This is one podcast you don't want to miss!
[00:00 – 07:23] From Discouragement to Creating Real Estate Education
- Matt shares how he got into real estate investing
- In 2008, he left his job to focus on real estate and by 2013, had 450 properties in his portfolio
[07:24 – 14:47] How Sitting in the Room with Influencers Changed One Entrepreneur's Mindset Around Business
- Social media have made everybody an influencer, but 95% of it is not real
- It is possible to run a business virtually without effort and without walking a house for 7-8 years
- Single-family homes are attractive because everyone needs a place to live
- VAs hired for their core values and skills required for single-family homes
[14:48 – 23:30] Replacing a Full Staff with VAs:
- Acquisition salespeople are creative people, while lead managers are detail-oriented and organized thinkers
- When a lead comes in, the lead manager reviews all the notes in the CRM, runs comps, and determines the maximum offer price
- Team leads, and managers are paid 10 to 12 an hour, while acquisitions VAs are paid ten an hour plus a bonus for every closed deal
[23:31 – 28:06] Using Discretion and Lead Stacking to Grow Portfolio
- Americans use discretion, which is the enemy of duplication
- The strategy was to buy low, rent high, and sell at the top of the market for a profit
- The lead stacking strategy is to focus on high equity non-owner occupied and vacant non-owner occupied lists
- Track KPIs closely and buy new lists every week as old ones age
[28:07 – 34:40] 5 Years to Financial Success
- Focus on refreshing data and running two lists that will outperform
- Run aggressive follow-up sequences for leads
- Follow up with emails, texts, and phone calls
- Customize follow-up sequences for different motivation types
[35:41 – 38:50] Closing Segment
- Final words from Matt
- Connect with Matt through the links below!
Connect with Matt!
Want to Learn More?
Or you can send me an email at email@example.com.
If you liked my show, please LEAVE AN HONEST REVIEW, like, and subscribe!
Here's Your Video – How One Real Estate Investor Did Over 4000 Transactions – Episode#434
Rather watch? You can do that here.
Thanks for Listening to the Show!
I would really love to hear from you. Please leave a note in the comments section below. And, if you enjoyed this episode, please share it on social media using the social share buttons below.
Please Subscribe and Review on iTunes… Here's How You Do That
> Click here to leave a review. Once you're on Apple podcasts, click “listen in iTunes.” Then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. Let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
If you want to find out how you can work with me, you can do that by clicking here. Learn specific strategies for building your brand and creating more effective marketing for your business.
To learn how to to become the go-to probate expert in your area Just click his link.
Have you gotten your freebies and subscribed to the blog? If not be sure to do that today so you don’t miss any of the business building tips I have coming your way. I want this year to be your best year ever!