Transitioning from the NFL to Real Estate Investor Superstar with Dean Rogers – Episode #392
My guest today is former NFL player, Dean Rogers. Get ready to learn what the #1 trait is that you must have to successfully make the transition from the NFL (or any other career) to becoming a real estate investor superstar in your area.
One important thing you will discover in this show is how this self-proclaimed “underdog” used this to his advantage to excel along the way. Real estate is very much a team sport like football, and Dean talks about how he wishes he had focused more on networking and collaboration earlier in his career. (Don’t we all?)
Dean Rogers began his career in the NFL with the San Diego Chargers. Dean soon realized that if he kept playing his health would be at stake. After walking away from the NFL, he has been in the real estate industry since 2013 leading him to build a successful business in California. Since then, Dean has flipped and wholesaled hundreds of houses and has a rental portfolio of eight figures. He is passionate about real estate and helping others learn how to build wealth and freedom.
[00:01 – 07:48] Opening Segment
- Former NFL player Dean Rogers shares how he got into real estate investing
- Why he decided to transition from an NFL player to a real estate investing superstar
- Building a large portfolio of rental properties and helping others learn how to build wealth and freedom
[07:49 – 15:52] Transitioning from the NFL to Real Estate Investor
- Dean's experience walking away from a seven-figure contract to a $65,000 salary
- What sports & real estate investing have in common
- How Dean transferred skills between the two to be successful as a real estate investor
- Discipline is key to success and moving to the next level
[15:53 – 23:41] Real Estate Investor Loses Hundred Thousand on Flips
- How Dean got his first deal after 3 months
- Dean's journey wholesaling and flipping houses
- Losing money in the process but learning from his mistakes
- How to run a successful fix and flip business and become profitable
[23:42 – 31:53] How to Achieve Success in Real Estate
- Valuable lessons about doing deals correctly during difficult times
- It's better not to do a deal than a bad deal
- The importance of doing your due diligence
- How wholesaling improved Dean's cash flow when he needed it the most
[31:54 – 37:42] Closing Segment
- Tips for becoming a successful real estate investor
- Surrounding yourself with positive people
Want to connect with Dean? Follow him on Instagram & YouTube. Head to his website, and think like a champion!
Want to Learn More?
Connect with me through my website, Instagram, and LinkedIn
Or you can send me an email at email@example.com
Be sure to check out the Louisville Gals Real Estate Blog and my course Probate Investing Simplified.
Learn more about this podcast on iTunes, or Stitcher.
If you liked my show, please LEAVE AN HONEST REVIEW, like, and subscribe!
Here's Your Video – Transitioning from the NFL to Real Estate Investor Superstar with Dean Rogers – Episode #392
Rather watch? You can do that here.
Thanks for Listening to the Show!
I would really love to hear from you. Please leave a note in the comments section below. And, if you enjoyed this episode, please share it on social media using the social share buttons below.
Please Subscribe and Review on iTunes… Here's How You Do That
> Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
> Click here to leave a review. Once you're on Apple podcasts, click “listen in iTunes.” Then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. Let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
If you want to find out how you can work with me, you can do that by clicking here. Learn specific strategies for building your brand and creating more effective marketing for your business.
To learn how to to become the go-to probate expert in your area Just click his link.
Have you gotten your freebies and subscribed to the blog? If not be sure to do that today so you don’t miss any of the business building tips I have coming your way. I want this year to be your best year ever!
I have watched Dean Rogers some other videos, he is genuine guy. its a god collaboration. Thank you for sharing this.
Thanks for listening.
nice Article. thank you for the information