October 13, 2014 in Podcasts
My guest today is New Yorker Joe Fairless of Fairless Investing. I was really looking forward to this podcast because I get one question over and over again; “How do I go from investing in single family home, to investing in apartments?
I personally have seen a lot of real estate investors that made this leap from one to the other seamlessly. I have also seen folks that experienced disastrous results when going from single family to commercial investing. So today we will just ask someone that has done it successfully.
- Joe's background and how he got started investing in real estate
- Starting out with single family homes
- What made Joe decide to switch from single family homes to apartment buildings
- Joe’s first commercial deal; a 168 unit apartment building
- The huge part relationships play in his business
- Raising over a million dollars for his first commercial deal
- The importance of learning creative financing techniques
- The valuation process for commercial real estate
- Why mentors are critical since you are “playing in a bigger sandbox”
- Why coming to the table with credibility is critical for your business
- Where he found his last deal
- Gearing up for his next (even bigger) deal
- Joe’s best advice for someone wanting to make the switch from residential to commercial investing
- Books that had a great influence on his life
Resources Mentioned in this Show
Books that made a difference in Joe's life –
- The Road Less Traveled
- Crucial Conversations
You Can Listen to the Podcast Here
[podcast title=”Transitioning from Single Family Homes to Apartments”]http://traffic.libsyn.com/letstalkrealestateinvesting/JoeFairlessLetsTalkRealEstateInvestinge33.mp3[/podcast]
You Can Also Listen and Download from iTunes By ClickingHere.
Please do us a huge favor and leave us a review over in iTunes. You can do that in iTunes by clicking here……
If you would like to connect with Joe you can on his site by CLICKING HERE…
You can also call Joe at 347-409-3914.
If you want to schedule a 1 on 1 call with me to talk about specific strategies for building your brand and creating more effective marketing for your business, you do that here by clicking this link.
If you're not already subscribed to the blog be sure to do that today so you don’t miss any of the business building tips I have coming your way. I want this year to be your best year ever! And if you enjoyed this article, please share it.