Why Having a Real Estate Mentor is a Must with Joe Killinger
“You have to sell yourself that make sure it's a good fit. Don't just take the first person that says, ‘Yes, I will mentor you.’” – Joe Killinger
Today’s topic is about why having a real estate mentor is a must. It’s no secret that you go further (faster) with a mentor. But how do you do that?
In this episode, we are joined by Joe Killinger. Joe has been in the real estate industry for over 20 years. He is an investor and founder in many real estate-related startup companies, some continue to operate while they have sold others. Joe hosts a YouTube show, “Real Estate Jam Session”, where he has quests come on and talk about their path to success in real estate.
Let’s tune in to his story!
[00:01 – 05:32] Opening Segment
- Get to know my guest Joe Killinger
- Always had the real estate bug, Joe shares his real estate beginnings
- My real estate mentor was a mistake!
[05:33 – 12:57] The Relationship between Mentor and Mentee
- Joe defines what makes a good mentor
- The two personalities of the mentor and the mentee
- Be specific with your goals and find your mentor
- The perfect time to get free mentoring versus paid mentoring
[12:58 – 22:19] Why Having a Real Estate Mentor is a Must
- Passion is what is gonna get you through
- How Joe changes the mindset of unsure investors
- Starting real estate is tough
- You’ve got to work really hard and exhaust all means possible
[22:20 – 28:53] Closing Segment
- Joe shares the starting point to the real estate success path
- Joe’s recommended work ethics and more
- Still having second thoughts on starting real estate or getting a mentor? Listen to what Joe has to say.
Want to reach out to Joe?
Thanks for tuning in!
Want to Learn More?
- Connect with me through my website, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Or you can send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to check out my course Probate Investing Simplified.
Resources Mentioned in this Show
You have to interview your mentor as much as they're interviewing you because this is your future. – Joe Killinger
Here's Your Video – Why Having a Real Estate Mentor is a Must with Joe Killinger
Rather watch? You can do that here.
Thanks for Listening to the Show!
I would really love to hear from you. Please leave a note in the comments section below. And, if you enjoyed this episode, please share it on social media using the social share buttons below.
Please Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss a single episode. I’m doing some special bonus episodes and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
I would be really grateful if you left me a rating and review over on iTunes too. I love reading those reviews, and they help other people find my podcast. Here's how you do that: Just click here to leave a review. Once you're on Apple podcasts, click “listen in iTunes.” Then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. Let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
You can listen and subscribe on Stitcher by clicking this link: Subscribe on Stitcher, You can also listen on your favorite podcast player.
If you want to find out how you can work with me, you can do that by clicking here. Learn specific strategies for building your brand and creating more effective marketing for your business.
To learn how to to become the go-to probate expert in your area Just click his link.
Have you gotten your freebies and subscribed to the blog? If not be sure to do that today so you don’t miss any of the business building tips I have coming your way. I want this year to be your best year ever!