April 14, 2014 in Podcasts
My guest today on my podcast “Let’s Talk Real Estate Investing” is Danny Johnson. Danny is someone that has built a very successful business flipping houses in San Antonio, TX. A lot of you probably know him from his popular blog FlippingJunkie. Danny and his wife Melissa have 5 children, and they have been investing in real estate for 10 years.
Danny got a corporate job in computer science when he graduated from college. Like a lot of other entrepreneurs, he quickly discovered he really didn’t like working for someone else. His dad was rehabbing houses at that time, and Danny saw how much his dad loved what he was doing. However, it was tough leaving his good paying job so he invested part-time for about 3 years.
We covered a lot of information in this podcast so grab a cup of coffee and get ready to learn. You can find a sampling of what we covered in the show in the “Show Notes” below.
- How Danny got started investing in real estate, and why his corporate job just wasn’t for him
- Starting out part time
- The importance of having the right mindset
- Mentors, accountability partners, and masterminds
- Investing in yourself through education
- The importance of mastering a niche before learning another one
- Marketing; getting creative as well as using tried and true methods
- Finding a way to standout or be memorable to sellers
- What do you say right after you make your offer?
- Leaving the door open if a seller’s “Plan A” doesn’t work out
- Danny’s #1 source of leads today
- The importance of follow up
- Hiring contractor’s right from the beginning and how to get bids quickly and easily
- Outsourcing do’s and don’ts; getting the work done right
- Tips for managing multiple rehabs
- Blogging to build your business and your expert status
Danny’s Advice for New Investors
His tips for newbie’s and why passion is so important for success.
Be sure to stop by FlippingJunkie where Danny has some great “freebies” for you.
I also want to mention that he has a wholesaling course called “Freedom By Flipping” which you can find on the FlippingJunkie site and also on FreedomByFlipping.com. Check it out when you get a minute.
If you missed Danny’s guest post he did for my blog a few weeks back, you can check that out here. This post is a comprehensive guide on flipping houses for big profits.
You Can Listen to the Podcast Here
Flipping Houses for Big Profits Part 1 - Download This Episode
Flipping Houses for Big Profits Part 2 - Download This Episode
If you prefer to listen in iTunes or download the podcast directly from iTunes you can do that here...
If you liked this podcast, please take a minute and leave us a 5 star review on iTunes here. I appreciate it!
If you would like to schedule a 1 on 1 call with me to talk about specific strategies for building your brand and creating more effective marketing for your business, you do that here by clicking this link.
Check out my other coaching programs by clicking this link.
Have you gotten your freebies here on the blog? If not be sure to do that today so you don’t miss any of the business building tips I have coming your way. I want this year to be your best year ever! And if you enjoyed this article, please share it.