I always like having my friend Mitch Stephen on my podcast, and today is no different. One question I get all the time is about hiring an acquisition manager. I knew that Mitch has extensive experience with this particular process so having him on the show was a real no-brainer.
People want to know things like: When should you hire one, and once you make the decision to hire an acquisition manager, what do you look for in that person? We're also going to dive into seller financing in this show and a whole lot more.
San Antonio investor Mich Stephen has purchased more than 1500 houses. He is also the author of 3 books. I think it's safe to say he knows a thing or two.
Mitch is always generous when it comes to sharing his knowledge. Here are just some of the things we talked about in this show.
- Mitch's story and how he got started.
- The downside of being a “one man show” like most businesses start out
- Why doing business this way keeps you from growing
- Preventing burnout
- The position he first hired for (and you probably will too)
- When he knew he needed to hire an acquisition manager
- Should an acquisition manager be one of the first team members you add in your business?
- What do you look for when hiring someone new?
- Adding team members down the road; scaling up to build a real business
- Tips, tools and technology
- Mitch’s final advice for building a real business
Here's Your Video
You Can Listen to the Podcast Here
Would You Rather Listen on iTunes?
You Can Also Listen and Download all of the podcasts on iTunes By Clicking Here. Please do us a huge favor and leave us a review over in iTunes at the link above.
Mitch Stephen has been a self-employed real estate investor for 20+ years. His real estate investing career started at the age of 23 when he read “Nothing Down” by Robert Allen.
Mitch, together with his wife Tommi and his daughter, Shannon purchased their fair share of local houses. Their company, Independence Day, Inc., has bought and sold over 1,500 properties in and about San Antonio, TX since 1996. This company specializes in buying distressed properties with OPM (other people's money) and selling those properties with owner financing. Mitch has also written 3 books:
- MY LIFE & 1,000 HOUSES: Failing Forward to Financial Freedom.
- MY LIFE & 1,000 HOUSES: 200+ Ways to Find Bargain Properties
- MY LIFE & 1,000 HOUSES: The Art of Owner Financing
You can reach out to Mitch at Mitch@1000Houses.com. Be sure to check out his awesome podcast here at RE Investor Summit
You can check out all of his books by CLICKING HERE.
If you want to schedule a 1 on 1 call with me to talk about specific strategies for building your brand and creating more effective marketing for your business, you can do that here by clicking this link.
If you're not already subscribed to the blog be sure to do that today so you don’t miss any of the business building tips I have coming your way. I want this year to be your best year ever! And if you enjoyed this article, please share it.