Today's show is with my friend Greg Harris, and we are going to dive into investing, wholesaling and rehabbing houses in other states AKA virtual investing.
Did you ever wonder how someone with an MBA in finance from the University of Oklahoma ended up as a real estate investor? Or how receiving a random book in the mail could actually change the course of your life?
My guest today is Greg Harris from Chanute, Kansas a small town of about 9500 people. Not only has he built a successful real estate business, but he is investing, wholesaling and rehabbing houses all over the country. Greg has also built a lifestyle business that allows him the freedom to spend a lot of time enjoying a sport that he loves; softball.
The next time you hear someone from a small town say, “I can’t make money in real estate; I live in a small town”, Greg is here to prove them wrong. You might have to move out of your comfort zone, but you really can build a successful lifestyle business no matter where you live.
In this show Greg gives us a boat load of practical information. He doesn’t hold anything back. Here are just some of the things we discussed:
- What his original career plan was. (You will find this really surprising).
- Why he didn’t get a corporate job right out of college even though he received some pretty awesome offers
- How Greg got started even though he lived in a small town without a lot of opportunities in real estate investing
- Finding his first deal using Craig’s List
- The real estate investing strategy Greg got started with
- Living in a non-disclosure state means you cannot do direct mail. How Greg refused to let this hold him back.
- How he is investing, wholesaling and rehabbing houses in other states without ever looking at the property
- The process for managing rehabs from other states
- Buying HUD houses and large packages of houses
- Why good systems are the secret to his success
- What strategies Greg pursues in his business today
Greg also has some advice for folks just getting started today.
I asked him what it really takes for someone to be successful in this business today, and what steps he would recommend folks take immediately to get started in this business. Greg has some really good advice for folks just getting started.
If you think wholesaling and rehabbing houses outside of your area might be for you, be sure to tune in to this podcast.
I want to thank Greg Harris for giving us a front row seat into how he has managed to set up a successful lifestyle business that allows him the freedom to purse something he really loves; softball.
If you have any questions or comments for Greg you can post them here and we will get you an answer.
You Can Listen to the Podcast Here
If you would rather listen or download the podcast directly from iTunes you can do that here.
If you like this podcast, please take just a minute and leave us a good review. You can do that at the link above. We appreciate it!
If you want to schedule a 1 on 1 call with me to talk about specific strategies for building your brand and creating more effective marketing for your business, you can do that here by clicking this link.
Have you gotten your freebies and subscribed to the blog? If not be sure to do that today so you don’t miss any of the business building tips I have coming your way. I want this year to be your best year ever!
Wow! Sharon, you just keep them coming don’t you! Thanks for another great interview and killer info Greg and Sharon! Soo many great take aways!
We are all jealous of Greg in our mastermind. When we do our calls in the summer and we ask Greg what he has been doing he will say something like, “Welllll…. I’m just playing a lot of softball — pretty much every day. But…. I did wholesale 37 houses in Memphis last week. He just cracks me up.
Thanks for listening. (I really want to be you and have your systems in place so I can go have fun. LOL)
It was a great time!
Yes it was Greg. Thanks for giving the listeners such great information on how you run your business.