How do you avoid burnout? That’s the million dollar question. We all know that we need to have goals, but how do you avoid burnout?
Most of the time it seems like we’re on a hamster wheel. There is too much to do and too little time to get it all done. We just keep chasing our tail day after day, week after week. It’s like the race that never ends.
Getting Off the Hamster Wheel
I discovered a book called the 12 Week Year a while back, and for the last couple of years I’ve been working on my goals using the 12 Week Year plan. I’m not going to tell you it was easy or that I’ve been anywhere near perfect. I will tell you that by following this system I have seen a big difference in what I am able to accomplish.
Most of us are a big hot mess when it comes to staying focused. Let’s face it; we need help. This book has taught me that with planning and some trial and error, we do get better at it with practice. This last quarter of the year will be one of the best in terms of getting things done. I can finally cross some big projects off my list that were on there a whole lot longer than they should have been.
Things to Consider
When you’re setting your goals for next year, you need to think about some fundamental principles.
Some of them are:
- What is your “Why”? What do you want so badly that you will do just about anything to accomplish your goals?
- Who do you have to become to reach your goals? Maybe it’s the person that is willing to finally get rid of some bad habits and replace them with habits that will help them make it to the finish line.
- What do you need to do to find some balance in your life so you can avoid burnout?
- What would you have to do to “get a life” outside of work? I’m talking hobbies, fun or whatever it is that you enjoy that isn’t work.
- Finally, if you could wave a magic wand and create the perfect lifestyle, what would that look like? If nothing were off limits, what would you create?
Want a FREE Goal Setting Planner?
We all struggle to create the life we REALLY want to live, so let’s make a deal.
Pick up your copy of The 12 Week Year in the next couple of weeks, and get started on the 12 week plan. We’ll come back at the end of the next year and see what you have accomplished by following this plan. If you’ve got an awesome story to tell, I’ll interview you for the blog.
Want to Read the 12 Week Year Post?
Check out the book review BY CLICKING HERE…..
If you would like to schedule a 1 on 1 call with me to talk about specific strategies for building your brand and creating more effective marketing for your business, you do that here by clicking this link.
Have you gotten your freebies here on the blog? If not be sure to do that today so you don’t miss any of the business building tips I have coming your way. I want this year to be your best year ever! And if you enjoyed this article, please share it.