Today I’m going to talk about why attending live events helps you grow as a person, and all the ways it helps you grow your business and your bottom line.
I’ve been traveling a lot in the past month.
I have attended 3 live events in this time period. Sometimes I was a speaker and sometimes I was both an attendee and a speaker. One thing I look forward to each time is the chance to network with the folks at these events.
Travel, Travel, and More Travel.
Several weeks ago, I attended a 3-day real estate conference Chicago called, “Building an Empire”. This is an event that Andrew Holmes of the Chicago REIA puts on 3 times a year. It was actually my 3rd time to be there. I truly believe that this 3 day conference has the power to change people’s lives. I also had the opportunity to be one of the speakers on a panel at this particular conference which is always a lot of fun.
I was home almost a week when I headed to Orlando for Podfest. I was asked to be on a real estate panel in a breakout session for this event too, so I was both an attendee and a panelist. If you’re even thinking about doing a podcast of your own, I highly recommend that you look into Podfest next year.
Now, I’m a podcaster as you know, but attending a conference with 1000 podcast minded people was just amazing. Some were seasoned podcasters, some were newer to podcasting, and some were just in the “thinking about it stage”. I can tell you this; networking with people from all different backgrounds and businesses (not just real estate) forces you to think outside the box. Hearing how they run their businesses, the challenges they encounter, and how they solved some of those problems gives you a whole new perspective on your business.
Fast forward 6 days later and after spending one whole day at home, I was back on a plane for Chicago to speak at two different events about probate investing and marketing and branding. I’m actually still here in Chicago for a couple more days, so I’m recording this from my hotel room.
Reasons You Attending Live Events is Good for You
If you’re wondering why I think this is so important to your success, here are some of those reasons.
- Attending live events allow you to build relationships with other entrepreneurs that are not necessarily in your business or geographic area.
- You have the opportunity to mastermind will like minded individuals.
- Small group events provide a unique opportunity for finding accountability partners. Simply because it’s a small event you have more 1 on 1 time with the folks at the event.
- Larger events have their own opportunities to find people to network with both during the event and long after the event is over.
- These events always leave you energized and ready to implement the new strategies you’ve learned.
- You make new friends!
- If you’re in a rut; if you need a “boost” or a simply a mindset shift, I can almost guarantee you that you will get all that and more by attending a live event. You’re also going to quickly learn that the other entrepreneurs at the event are facing the same challenges and problems that you are experiencing. The chances are good that they can show you how they conquered a similar problem or challenge in their business.
Just getting out of the office and away from your normal routine will leave you energized and excited about your business once again. And that is something my friend that you just can’t put a price on that one.
How About You?
When was the last time you gave yourself permission to take a few days off to completely unplug from your normal responsibilities so that you could invest in yourself and your entrepreneurial journey?
You owe it to yourself to do this at least once a year.
Don’t forget to get my newest freebie, my Probate Investing Roadmap. You can get it by CLICKING HERE.
To learn more about Andrew Holmes 3 day event “Building an Empire”, JUST CLICK HERE.