Tips for Building Your Real Estate Investment Dream Team with Terry Burger
“Go out there and make yourself 1% better every day”. -Terry Burger
You know you need help in your business. Not only are you working too many hours, but no matter how much you work you still can’t get it all done. If that sounds like you, then this show is for you. Today you’re going to learn some tips for building your real estate investment dream team from seasoned investor, Terry Burger. Terry has a hiring process that dramatically increases your odds of finding the right person for each position in your business as it grows.
Terry left his public-school teaching career in 2001 and became a top producing retail real estate agent in Atlanta area where he sold over 1,000 homes. He is currently the CEO and founder of the growing “Nice Guys Buying Houses” brand which currently operates in the Atlanta, GA Greenville, SC, and Huntsville AL markets.
Most real estate investors are “winging it” when it comes to hiring team members. Building a real estate investing dream team doesn’t happen overnight, and it definitely doesn’t happen by accident. Listen and you’ll discover some invaluable tips for hiring the right team member every time.
- Making the leap from high school teacher, to Realtor, to real estate investor
- Why you really need to build a team: to get your life back!
- Proactive, reactive, and panic hiring
- Why making the right first hire is so important
- Mistakes: never hire for the future; only hire for the “now”
- The importance of seeing the end
- Getting rid of the things that aren’t your superpower
- The real meaning of procrastination when it comes to hiring
- Weeding out people that aren’t cultural fit with the “short interview”
- Why using the Disc Profile is so beneficial in the hiring process
- Filtering out people that aren’t right for your business without ever speaking to them
- The reason you need to choose people that are OK with being outside their comfort zone
- Core values and company cultures and how they influence your hiring decisions
- The importance of having job descriptions before you start the hiring process
- Interviewing tips to get the top talent
- How making training videos will make your life so much easier when it comes to hiring
- Building your real estate investing dream team one person at a time
I can promise that if you implement these tips and the tried-and-true processes outlined in this show, you’ll make better hiring decisions every single time. Building your real estate investing dream team will be completely within your reach.
“If you want 1% talent, you have to talk to 100 people when hiring”. – Terry Burger
Resources for Hiring:
Thanks for Listening to the Show!
I would really love to hear from you. Please leave a note in the comments section below. And, if you enjoyed this episode, please share it on social media using the social share buttons below.
Please Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss a single episode. I’m doing some special bonus episodes and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
I would be really grateful if you left me a rating and review over on iTunes too. I love reading those reviews, and they help other people find my podcast. Here's how you do that: Just click here to leave a review. Once you're on Apple podcasts, click “listen in iTunes.” Then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. Let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
You can listen and subscribe on Stitcher by clicking this link: Subscribe on Stitcher, You can also listen on your favorite podcast player.
In 2001, Terry left his public-school teaching career to become a top-producing retail real estate agent in Atlanta area where he sold over 1,000 homes. Terry is currently the CEO and founder of the growing “Nice Guys Buying Houses” brand which currently operates in the Atlanta, GA Greenville, SC, and Huntsville, AL markets.
Terry has an encyclopedic knowledge of retail market trends, comparative sales data, and statistical insights invaluable to the house flipping and new home builder community. His knowledge has been sharpened by personally walking over 10,000 houses with retail clients of all ages and demographics. His vast knowledge of what home buyers want has allowed him to successfully flip between 25 and 45 homes per year since 2016.
He is sought after as a speaker and consultant in the agent/investor space and has appeared on numerous podcasts and live stages.
You Can Contact Terry Here:
If you want to find out how you can work with me, you can do that by clicking here. Learn specific strategies for building your brand and creating more effective marketing for your business.
To learn how to to become the go-to probate expert in your area Just click his link.
Have you gotten your freebies and subscribed to the blog? If not be sure to do that today so you don’t miss any of the business building tips I have coming your way. I want this year to be your best year ever!