How to Talk to Motivated Sellers with Laura Lenington – Episode #379
So many investors find it hard to talk to motivated sellers and make offers confidently. But let’s face it; real estate investors have to know how to do this to grow a successful business. For many people, it’s just practice. It’s simply making (low-ball) offers over time that makes the difference. In today’s show, you’re going to get some actionable, rock-solid tips that will make this process a whole lot easier so let’s dive in.
Laura has been a full-time real estate investor since 2014. Prior to that, she was an active-duty soldier in the US Army who then worked for the Department of Defense as a civilian employee. Since getting started in 2014, Laura has focused on wholesaling off-market properties. She has also completed a full rehab on a single-family property, holds a small rental portfolio, and has done a few wholetail flips. This year Laura has also been focused on expanding her rental portfolio with multi-family units of 8 or more doors and is getting ready to close on an 11-unit building with seller financing next week.
[00:01 – 07:29] Opening Segment
- Laura's background and work
- An overview of how to talk to motivated sellers
- How Laura got into real estate investing
[07:30 – 14:40] How to Wholesale Like a Pro
- How Laura bought a house from another local investor and rehabbed it herself
- Why Laura changed her mindset after talking to a successful investor
- People should listen to motivated sellers and spend time with them to build rapport
[14:41 – 21:41] How to Get Deals When You Don't Need Them
- Not every phone call or every person that calls you is gonna be a fit, so you have to be ready
- The key to successful follow-up is establishing rapport and not being judgmental
- Sellers often bring unrealistic expectations to the conversation, which can lead to deals not being possible
[21:42 – 29:04] Tips for Negotiating with Sellers
- Have conversations with sellers in a way that makes them feel heard and understood
- Use licensed contractors because they are inspected and have the same quality standards as licensed professionals
- Create a positive relationship with sellers
- Send a thank you note and bond journal after negotiations are complete
[29:05 – 35:54] How to Succeed with a Coach
- Why getting a coach can help you grow in your business
- Coaching is an investment that will pay off, and you need to be coachable to get the most out of it
- You should get a coach for things like money deals, personal development, and growth
[35:55 – 37:08] Closing Segment
Want to connect with Laura? Follow her on Facebook. Make sure to visit Grant HickMan Real Estate Advisors, and discover real estate options to sell your house!
Want to Learn More?
Connect with me through my website, Instagram, and LinkedIn
Or you can send me an email at email@example.com
Be sure to check out the Louisville Gals Real Estate Blog and my course Probate Investing Simplified.
Learn more about this podcast on iTunes, or Stitcher.
If you liked my show, please LEAVE AN HONEST REVIEW, like, and subscribe!
Here's Your Video – How to Talk to Motivated Sellers with Laura Lenington – Episode #379
Rather watch? You can do that here.
Thanks for Listening to the Show!
I would really love to hear from you. Please leave a note in the comments section below. And, if you enjoyed this episode, please share it on social media using the social share buttons below.
Please Subscribe and Review on iTunes… Here's How You Do That
> Click here to subscribe on iTunes!
> Click here to leave a review. Once you're on Apple podcasts, click “listen in iTunes.” Then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. Let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
If you want to find out how you can work with me, you can do that by clicking here. Learn specific strategies for building your brand and creating more effective marketing for your business.
To learn how to to become the go-to probate expert in your area Just click his link.
Have you gotten your freebies and subscribed to the blog? If not be sure to do that today so you don’t miss any of the business building tips I have coming your way. I want this year to be your best year ever!