June 30, 2014 in Podcasts
We often talk about niches in real estate investing. My guest today is Mike Simmons, and Mike has taken this very same concept and used it when creating his podcast “Just Start Real Estate”.
I love the fact that Mike’s site is very clear on who it is intended for; it is clearly intended beginners. Mike’s site will help anyone that is currently sitting on the fence, to” just start” as the name implies. “You are going to love Mike’s energy in this podcast. He was an open book when it came to talking about things he did right and also he did wrong. So let’s dive in!
Sometimes the hardest part about this business is just getting started. Here is Mike”s story and some actionable steps you can take get off the fence and build a business you love.
- Why Mike was passionate about starting a podcast just for beginners
- How to get unstuck and “just start”
- How Mike got started and ended up choosing real estate investing
- The importance of doing your first deal sooner rather than later
- The first deal Mike got an accepted offer on and why it didn’t close
- Mike’s first deal that he bought
- Learning a hard lesson about contractors
- Mike’s love of rehabbing and differentiating yourself from the competition
- How he finds his deals
- Why he no longer invests in certain areas
- Starting his podcast; why it’s a perfect vehicle for introverts
- REIA groups and the importance of networking
- Identifying the “players” in your REI group
- How marketing your properties online that are for sale opens “unexpected doors” for you
- Finding private lenders
- Mike’s best tips for getting started as a newbie; focusing on the big 3
- Why choosing a real estate investing strategy is kind of like dating
- Setting a timeline for getting off the fence and taking action
Words of wisdom from Mike:
You Can Listen to the Podcast Here
How to Get Started Investing in Real Estate with Mike Simmons Part 1 - Download This Episode
How to Get Started Investing in Real Estate with Mike Simmons - Part 2 - Download This Episode
You Can Also Listen and Download from iTunes
Please leave us a rating and a review in iTunes. (We love 5 star reviews). Send me a screen shot of your review, and I will send you a copy of my brand new report “Creating Successful Direct Mail Campaigns”. You can do that by clicking on the link above.
Be sure to head over to Mike's site and listen to his podcasts. He has about 175 shows at this time. That's a lot of talking for an introvert! You can do that by clicking here…….
Mike is a real estate investor, husband, and father. He started his real estate investing career a few years back and has done a number of very profitable real estate flips. His site “Just Start Real Estate is all about catering to new and inexperienced real estate investors. You won't find complex real estate tactics and techniques there. He is focused on helping people start their real estate investing career the right way.
If you want to schedule a 1 on 1 call with me to talk about specific strategies for building your brand and creating more effective marketing for your business, you do that here by clicking this link.
If you're not already subscribed to t
he blog be sure to do that today so you don’t miss any of the business building tips I have coming your way. I want this year to be your best year ever! And if you enjoyed this article, please share it.