The 3 Biggest Mistakes Real Estate Investors Make When Raising Capital with Dave Dubeau – Episode #387
Have you ever wondered how to approach potential money partners and ask for capital so that they actually want to partner with you? This can be tough! Today we are going to dive into the 3 biggest mistakes real estate investors make when raising capital and how to avoid them.
My guest, Dave Dubeau, is an expert in having these conversations. He’s also the first one to tell you he did it all wrong in the beginning. Dave is the creator of the “Money Partner Formula”, and today he’s going to show you how to do it the right way.
Now, you might be wondering if he can help YOU. And, the answer is yes! Dave can help big companies doing a lot of deals, but one of his specialties is mom-and-pop real estate investment companies.
[00:01 – 07:42] Opening Segment
- An overview of the 3 big mistakes real estate investors make when raising capital
- Dave shares his background and work
- Creating a podcast and the “Money Partner Formula”
- How Dave switched to a more conventional way of real estate investing and self-financed his first couple of deals
[07:43 – 14:53] Don't try to Raise Capital from Strangers
- The first mistake is thinking that anyone and everybody can be a good perspective investor
- The second mistake is trying to raise capital too quickly when you should focus on building relationships first
- The third mistake is trying to raise capital from strangers, which is illegal in most cases
[14:54 – 22:04] Approaching Potential Money Partners
- How to raise money for your real estate deals without being a desperate crazy person
- Why rushing out to investors led to unsuccessful cold calls and failed deals
- How Dave used marketing to identify and attract investors
[22:05 – 28:56] Getting Started with Real Estate Investing
- How to raise money from a target group of friends, family, coworkers, and business associates
- Creating a relationship and then starting with a smaller group before moving on to more investors
- Make sure to have a CRM system, a good website, and a presentation that is easy to understand for potential investors.
[28:57 – 36:22] Closing Segment
- Dave introduces the new podcast – The How to Raise Capital 101 Show
- You should have confidence, experience, and knowledge about real estate investing to be successful
Want to Learn More?
Or you can send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you liked my show, please LEAVE AN HONEST REVIEW, like, and subscribe!
Here's Your Video – The 3 Biggest Mistakes Real Estate Investors Make When Raising Capital with Dave Dubeau – Episode #387
Rather watch? You can do that here.
Thanks for Listening to the Show!
I would really love to hear from you. Please leave a note in the comments section below. And, if you enjoyed this episode, please share it on social media using the social share buttons below.
Please Subscribe and Review on iTunes… Here's How You Do That
> Click here to leave a review. Once you're on Apple podcasts, click “listen in iTunes.” Then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. Let me know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
If you want to find out how you can work with me, you can do that by clicking here. Learn specific strategies for building your brand and creating more effective marketing for your business.
To learn how to to become the go-to probate expert in your area Just click his link.
Have you gotten your freebies and subscribed to the blog? If not be sure to do that today so you don’t miss any of the business-building tips I have coming your way. I want this year to be your best year ever!