“Productivity hack”s is a term that is used all the time to describe how we can be more productive.
You will often also hear the words “short cut” used in the same sentence. It’s pretty common for all of us to want to find the easy way out, but is that really the best way?
Wouldn’t it actually be better to find a way to get more done in less time and with less stress by focusing only on what is most important?
In today’s podcast my friend Trevor Mauch from Investor Carrot and I dive into why productivity hacks don’t really work and more importantly what does work.
We all face times when we would rather stay in bed than get up and do the work. Most of us also have days when we are actually just doing busywork rather than taking those important steps that lead us toward our goals. What happens next is that we find ourselves dead tired and really bummed out about our lack of progress. Then the cycle repeats itself. There is a cure for this though. (Notice I didn’t say it would necessarily be easy.)
In today’s podcast we are going to talk about how to be productive, effective and energized in your business.
If you missed the 1st episode in this series you can listen to the “Entrepreneurial Mindset” by CLICKING HERE.
- Busyness VS focused action
- Why doing more things in a day might not be what you should
- Getting the right things done VS getting a whole lot of (the wrong) things done
- Choosing your “one thing”
- Hiring the right people and creating systems so you can focus on your “one thing”
- The problem with journals, notebooks and sticky notes
- Taking advantage of the tools and software that can help you
- 4 core principles that lead to better productivity and why these are critical
1. Vision: The big question you need to ask yourself to have a really successful year, and how to create a crazy clear vision and putting that into an actionable plan. Ask your “clarifying question”.
2.Goals: Have very specific goals
3. Mind and Body: Get your body and your mind right for success. The one thing we need more of and how to make that happen so you are super productive
4. Mindset: Getting your mind and your mindset ready for the day.
Getting rid of limiting beliefs will set you free, but first you have to identify those beliefs. My challenge to everyone this week is take 30 minutes and make a list of all your limiting beliefs. Then you can make a plan to change those
Resources Mentioned in this Podcast
- “Getting Things Done” by David Allen
- “The One Thin”g by Gary Keller
- “The 12 Week Year” by Brian Moran
- Asana is a great free tool to use with virtual assistants or for scheduling tasks and deadlines for yourself or your team
Quote – It’s a Tweetable
There is a quote in the book “The One Thing” by Gary Keller that Trevor and I agree can be life changing. We both have it posted where we can see if when we are working at our desks. It goes something like this –
You Can Listen to the Podcast Here
Trevor Mauch - Why Productivity Hacks Don't Work - Download This Episode
You Can Also Listen and Download all of the podcasts on iTunes By ClickingHere.
Please do us a huge favor and leave us a review over in iTunes at the link above.
If you are not already subscribed to the “Inner Circle”, be sure to do that today so you don’t miss any of the business building tips I have coming your way. I want this year to be your best year ever! And if you enjoyed this article, please share it.