My guest today is a California investor, Gary Boomershine. We’re going to dive into using direct mail and targeted follow up to generate consistent motivated seller leads. Gary’s company has sent out over 42 million direct mail pieces so he might know a thing or two about this topic. His company has also made 2.5 million live seller calls, and you’ll learn how you can do this even if you’re a small company.
One thing that is unique about Gary’s company is that over the years they have collected data and statistics to track everything in their business.
We covered a lot of ground in this show. Here is just some of what we covered:
- Growing up in a real estate family; paying for college painting rental properties, door knocking, holding open houses, cold calling and more
- How getting a computer engineering degree ultimately set him on this successful path
- Taking his computer engineering background to build technology to scale his own business
- Why direct mail is only the first piece of the puzzle; turning those calls into an appointment
- Using direct mail and targeted follow up; the magic sauce
- Why Gary says you shouldn’t be the one making those follow up calls
- Using VA’s and scripts
- Taking follow up to another level using RVM (ringless voice mail) and text messaging, and what you need to know about these services
- What’s working in 2020
- Response rates for direct mail today
- How many people you need to talk to in order to close a deal
- The importance of knowing your cost per deal
- The power of using automated software for follow up
- Baby steps toward scaling your business
- The levels of service RealEstateInvestor.com provides
Resources Mentioned in this Show
Traction by Gino Wickman
The Messy Middle by Scott Belsky
Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
Here's Your Video – Using Direct Mail and Targeted Follow Up to Generate Consistent Motivated Seller Leads
Rather watch? You can do that here.
Thanks for Listening!
I would really love to hear from you. Please leave a note in the comments section below. And, if you enjoyed this episode, please share it on social media using the social share buttons below.
Want to Help More People find this Show?
Here’s how you can do that:
Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help (and I read each one). You can listen on iTunes, subscribe and leave us a review here:
Just click “view in iTunes to listen, subscribe and leave a review.
You can listen and subscribe on Stitcher by clicking the link above.
Thanks again for joining me this week. I’ll see you next time!
Gary Boomershine founded RealEstateInvestor.com in 2005 out of the need to scale and grow his own real estate investing and home buying business. With a family legacy in the real estate niche and a long successful career in enterprise and emerging technology markets, Gary saw the vision for RealEstateInvestor.com. As he worked to develop and use the initial product and service, he saw his real estate business flourish by allowing him to work smarter – not harder and focusing on the one thing that makes money – talking to sellers and making offers.
According to Gary, “Most small real estate enterprises limit their growth and many times fail because they lack real marketing and sales expertise along with the infrastructure to scale their business. Instead of being able to focus on closing deals and maximizing profits, they hit a wall trying to build and do everything themselves; and they simply can’t do it!”
Be sure to check out RealEstateInvestor.com to learn more about Gary and the services they provide.
If you want to schedule a 1 on 1 call with me to talk about specific strategies for building your brand and creating more effective marketing for your business, you can do that here by clicking this link.
Have you gotten your freebies and subscribed to the blog? If not be sure to do that today so you don’t miss any of the business building tips I have coming your way. I want this year to be your best year ever!
Man, Gary had a ton of great info in this podcast.
I’m curious when he’s following up, is he simply asking “are you ready to sell?” or what do you recommend?
I’m just starting to mail probates and curious how following up would work there too since that is more delicate.
Thanks for these podcasts, Sharon.
I only follow up by phone with probates once they have contacted me Joe. Then I just say that I’m checking back …. I never cold call probates.