In the last article, I referred to video as being the “secret sauce” when it comes to building your business and your brand. It’s one of the fastest ways on the planet to become known not only in your local market, but nationally as an industry expert.
If you missed part 1 of this series, you can get it here Using Video to Grow Your Business and Your Brand.
Here are a Billion Reasons to Use Video
- Why video? Here are some pretty staggering statistics for you:
- There are over 1 billion people using YouTube on a regular basis
- Over 300 hours of video are uploaded every minute
- Almost 1/3 of the people on the planet watch video on YouTube
- 38% are female, and 62 percent are male
- 8 out of 10 – 18 to 49 year olds watch YouTube
- The average length of a video is just over 4 minutes
- Mobile users spend 40 minutes on average per session watching video
- The number of users is up 60% year over year
Do you think there might be some opportunity there for all of us?
Why Video in Essential Today
You need to be using video because it:
- Drives traffic
- Builds credibility
- Builds your brand
- It will make more money no matter what your business is
Content is king, and video is an easy way to create content. People that create content are perceived to be better at what they do, even if that isn’t the case. There is no denying the fact that video increases your authority and your credibility. If you’re not using video today, you’re falling behind.
6 Reasons Why Video Should Be on Your Site
- Video allows you to showcase your brand’s personality
- You rank better and faster on Google
- Mobile users love video
- Video testimonials are a great way to enhance your credibility, and they are more believable than written testimonials
- You are able to demonstrate your expertise with “how to” videos
- People feel like they know you after watching your videos
Let’s break these down.
Video Allows You to Showcase Your Expertise
People shop, work and communicate often without seeing people face to face so video gives these people a sense of who you are. Businesses that include video on their site see higher engagement rates, higher click through rates (for whatever you are selling or whatever service you provide), and higher conversion rates. This is why video is so important to implement now if you’re not already doing it.
What that boils down to is it’s easier for people to trust you and do business with you when they get to know you through video.
You Will Rank Better on Google with Video
This one is pretty simple. Remember that Google owns YouTube so Google loves video. When you put keywords in the title and in the description of your video, it makes it easier for you to be found. Think of this phrase “Sell my Cincinnati house fast”. If you were in the Cincinnati market, Cincinnati would be one of your keywords.
Another example is, “How to install a new countertop”. If that is what your video is about, put those keywords in the title and the description. You can also add those in the tags section in YouTube.
3 Ways You Stand Out From the Competition with Video
- People that have never seen you in person will feel like they know you better than your competitor that doesn’t have video on their site. This is another reason why video is so powerful.
- Only about half of all businesses currently use video in their marketing. I’m sure it’s a lot lower for real estate investors so there is a whole lot of opportunity here for you.
- Almost 60% of the people who visit a business website and watch a video are likely to buy their product. If you product is a service, it works the same way.
Mobile Users Love Video
Here are 3 more reasons to jump on the video bandwagon.
- 40% of the people that view content on their smart phones would rather have a video than a long article.
- Mobile users spend 40 minutes per session watching video at one time. This is huge. What if they were your videos they were watching?
- Viewing video on mobile devices has increased over 500% in the last few years.
Video Testimonials are Gold for Your Site!
You have a great opportunity to make a real impact when it comes to marketing with video testimonials. When you buy or sell a house, just ask those folks if they will give you a short testimonial. Most people will say yes. When they do, all you need to do is whip out your smart phone. It really is that easy.
Here’s another idea for you. How about featuring the closing attorney or title company representative in your video at your closing? That’s a win-win for everyone.
Demonstrate Your Expertise with “How to” Videos
I’m going into further detail in a future article on this one, but people are hungry for information. One of the easiest ways to build your brand and your credibility is by making these types of videos. The list of topics is endless.
People Get to Know You Better (the real you) Through Video
Because they get to know the real you through video, you will naturally attract your ideal customer. Your ideal customers are those people that are meant to work with you. If you need one more reason why video is so great, it’s this one here. When you are able to naturally attract your ideal client, your life will be so much easier! The reason is that you will repel those people (naturally) that aren’t a fit for you or your business.
Who Else Loves Video? Facebook!
I’m sure this isn’t a surprise, but Facebook Live videos are huge right now. Facebook likes these so much that they will show your posts with these types of videos before other posts and other types of videos. Now is the time to jump on that bandwagon.
More Reasons to Love Video
If you are an agent, you will love this. Real estate listings that have a video get 403% more inquires than those that without a video. Let me ask you this; if you are an investor selling a property, wouldn’t you think you would also get more inquiries on your property with video? I think you can safely assume that.
Video makes people more interested in whatever you are offering.
What about People Who Don’t Like Video?
If you are using video on your site, you can pull out the audio and put that on your site using a service like Fiverr.com. This will cost you about $6.00. If you record your video using Zoom (which is free up to 40 minut0es), it will give you an audio file in addition to the video file.
You can also have a service like REV transcribe your video for around $1 a minute. As you can see, it’s very cost effective for a short video. When you offer all 3 versions of your content on your site, you will have something for everyone.
By now, I’m sure you can see the value in using video in your business whether it’s on your website or in a social media post. The fact that it’s free, really makes it a no brainer. Let me know. Are you already using video in your business? If not, what’s holding you back?
If you want to schedule a 1 on 1 call with me to talk about specific strategies for building your brand and creating more effective marketing for your business, you can do that here by clicking this link.
Have you gotten your freebies and subscribed to the blog? If not be sure to do that today so you don’t miss any of the business building tips I have coming your way. I want this year to be your best year ever!